COVID-19 Update and Information
Dear clients of HVC,
Thank you very much for your patience and trust during this uncertain time in the midst of COVID-19. Our team is fully committed to continuing care for your pets. We would like to inform you of the policies we have established for the foreseeable future to ensure the health of all clients, patients, and staff:
- First and foremost, there will be no change in emergency coverage for all current clients. If you are a current client at HVC and your pet has had a wellness visit within the last year, please continue to call 207-453-7387 at any time in the event of an emergency.
- To ensure the safety of everyone involved, we are significantly reducing human traffic in and out of our hospital. If your pet has a scheduled appointment or surgery, please remain in your vehicle and call us at 207-453-7387 when you arrive to check in and have one of our staff obtain a pertinent history of your pet over the phone. A staff member will come out to you and bring your pet inside for an exam and any needed diagnostics/treatment while you remain in your vehicle. Please be available for a call from our medical team to obtain additional information and discuss treatment recommendations. Following treatment, we will deliver your pet back to your car, along with any medications that may be needed. Payment can be handled via card over the phone or via cash/check delivered to a staff member.
- At this time, we are rescheduling all wellness appointments (except for initial puppy vaccine appointments) and elective surgeries for the safety of our staff and to conserve medical supplies. We are continuing to schedule urgent care appointments and/or emergency surgeries. If you have a scheduled wellness appointment or elective surgery, our office will be contacting you to reschedule. If you would like to cancel or reschedule before we reach out to you, please call us at 207-453-7387.
- We have updated our clinic hours during this period, which are as follows: Monday through Saturday, 8am to 5pm. Emergency on call remains available for current clients/patients after hours.
- Given our incredibly high call volume at the moment, we strongly encourage you to refill your pet's medications (including preventatives) through our online pharmacy. Click here to visit our online store!
We thank you again for your continued patience and understanding at this time.
Please give us a call if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.